Thursday, November 24, 2011

My hair.

Hey girlies,


 HAPPPYYYY THANKSGIVING!

so i have gotta a couple comments between this site and my youtube asking if i would show you some pictures of my hair color, and also tell you how i created this ombre look and what color i used! I hate when i see someones hair color, fall in love with it, then comment on there video on how they got it to look the way it does and no one ever replies -_-   so trust me i will never EVER do that! if you  have a question about ANYTHING just ask and i will reply within that week!

 ok so on to the hair. I have whats called Ombre hair. which is where it is darker at the root and gradually gets lighter at the bottom. (great for a low maintaince girl, the more root you have the better it looks) I had been wanting to change my hair up for a while, but i was scared i wouldnt like it, and then it would be so damaging to go back blonde! ok so my hair was platinum blonde before i did this. let me show you a before pictue. 




I have been blonde since i was born so thats what i am comftorable with! But i was getting so bord with it and wanted to do something different! So what i did was this, i used Aveda color (oh im a professional hair stylist so yeah...dont try this at home) the formula i used was, 20g6N + 20g7N + 1g o/r + 3g y/o + 1g v/b and 40g CTA. i used a demi not a permanent color. and i died my extensions with a 7gold from joico (they looked almost identical to my Aveda color) anyways, i put the color on my roots all over my entire head. Then i went back through and took like 1 inch sections and half way down my hair shaft i back combed (teased) it. i painted the color on the top half of the tease and half way covering the teased part. and i painted the ends with regular conditioner. see since my hair was already blonde there was no need to go over my ends with bleach! i just put conditioner on them so they would stick to the foil. so yes i painted my hair on the foil as if i was highlighting my hair. then placed another foil on top of that section so i wouldnt have to bend the foil in half! or else the color would have got on my ends. you have to apply a TON of color doing it this way so the hair gets completly saturated! then you want to leave on to process 30 minutes and rinse with cool water! ( your stylist should know what to do so dont worry about remebering all of this haha) so let me show you how my hair turned out! I LOVE IT! 







So since i have used a demi on it, it has already faded out a good bit but it still looks good and very natural. Anywho, how do you like my hair? do you like it better blonde, or this dark blonde color? or do you think i should do something different? Let me know because it is a love hate relationship between me and my hair! haha



LOVE ASHLEY!

5 comments:

  1. I am loving the new color with your complexion! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pictures! :) I think dark blonde suits you best.. it makes your eyes pop more and works so well with your complexion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you :] im trying to get used to it! haha but i do like it and if feels SO much healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new color! Did you use dark or light y/o?

    ReplyDelete
  5. your color looks great, although it looks great no matter what color you have it. do you have the two front strands blonde?

    lesley.
    mylivelymind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete